SouthWest Waterworks Contractors PM, LLC a leading pump service and repair business, is a highly successful Service Company specializing in the pump industry. We are looking for Service Technicians, the backbone of our business, to continue to grow our market share. This person thinks logically and enjoys solving problems with creativity, diligence and achievement. We offer a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
Essential Job Functions
- Contact customers and sell the company’s products and services
- Assure all documents associated with sales of whole goods and attachments are properly and totally completed.
- Update yourself daily on changes to manufacturers’ terms, discounts and special programs, sales, deliveries, valuations, and new equipment arrival.
- Ensure that new machines and machines going out on demonstration are clean and “ready to go” condition; that follow-up services conducted as required and in line with factory benefits.
- Keep current on product knowledge and benefits of specific machines.
- Keep abreast of competitive actively and competitive products.
- Maintain all manuals, price lists, and other documents given by the dealership in a professional and current condition at all times.
- Responds to referrals quickly and effectively - inclusive of both inbound and outbound calls.
- Pre-qualifies prospects for insurability and quality of risks.
- Develops relationships with clients and maintains client and prospect lists. Develops a book of business that is profitable
- Reads and interprets technical manuals and insurance information from carriers and other sources.
- Prepares and deliver sales presentations to prospective new clients; follows up with key customer decision-makers and to close all sales.
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from competitors.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory and /or product sector.
- Gather and submit detailed business information for pricing.
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business problems, and the effects of the problems.
- Participate in and contribute to the development of educational programs offered to clients.
- Ensure every customer is satisfied with products, services, and support of all staff.
- Resolve customers’ concerns efficiently and effectively.
- Promote a positive attitude at all times.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
Education and Required Skills:
- BS Degree required or combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in technical sales.
- Fluent in English, high level of written and verbal proficiency.
- Technical selling skills and product knowledge in product sectors.
- Customer relationship skills.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Headquartered in Saddle Brook, NJ, PumpMan, a portfolio company of Soundcore Capital Partners a highly successful pump maintenance, service and repair company with aspirations of becoming a national leader in the space through acquisitions. To-date PumpMan has acquired companies in Northern California, Southern California, Pittsburgh, PA, Philadelphia, PA Phoenix,Arizona and New York City.