In-Place Machining Co., LLC. (IPM) is a worldwide leader in providing specialized on-site machining, welding, and alignment services to a wide range of industrial, scientific, and military customers around the world. Our expertise includes providing unique machining solutions, R-stamp certified welding, Metalstitch® cold repair of cast iron, and complete laser, optical and mechanical alignment. IPM is growing, and we look to hire the best employees to support our needs.
Due to continued growth, IPM has an immediate need for a hands-on and safety focused sales-oriented Branch Manager to join our team. In this role, you are accountable for the successful management of all shop operations as well as the Field Technician Team for your location. You will be responsible for all actions needed to execute and deliver on our business plan, customer satisfaction and Machinist utilization and performance. You will develop and execute long and short-range goals, action plans, and effective leadership of all assigned associates. Additionally, you will interact with the remainder of the leadership team to understand the business needs and the priority of the work. Lastly, you will effectively lead your team and share the team’s performance metrics, and corporate updates. This position broadens your industry knowledge which in turn drives your career to limitless opportunities and positions you for interesting challenges.
As a member of the senior leadership team, you will be responsible for carrying out the strategic plans of the business with a heavy focus on both sales and the technical performance of our service offerings. This position is a part of the senior management team reporting directly to the CEO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish new customers in targeted industries and services near branch location.
- Establish professional customer/vendor relationships with appropriate customer personnel through the successful negotiation of Master Service Agreements or other approved vendor agreements.
- Oversee all aspects of branch operations including in-shop machining, shop preparation and mobilization of field machining projects, equipment management, calibration and instrumentation, welding, and electrical.
- Facilitate communication between quoting and estimating, scheduling and logistics, engineering, as necessary to ensure smooth operations.
- Work with the Manager of Training and Development to help coordinate training and to qualify technical skills of shop employees and Field Technicians.
- Enforce company policy and hold employees accountable for their quality and quantity of work.
- Exhibit and enforce a culture where safety is the first priority.
- Travel of up to 15%.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the Field Machining Services sector.
- Demonstrated managerial/leadership experience; minimum of 5 years of experience in a related role.
- Minimum of (2) two years sales experience in B2B or Industrial settings.
- Solid understanding of machining processes and a minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience is a major plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Good working knowledge of business operations.
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize multiple priorities while striving to reach key initiatives.
- Ability to problem solve and make timely decisions.
- Exceptional leadership skills, ability to mentor other leaders, and strong communication skills.
- Ability to follow through projects from the conception phase to completion.
- Action oriented and able to thrive in a fast pace, ever changing work environment.
- Ability to think ahead 3+ years and develop strategy for sustainable growth.
What We Offer:
Here at In-Place Machining, our employees are our most valuable asset. That is why at In-Place Machining we are committed to comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy, feel secure and maintain a work/life balance.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program