Border Construction Specialties has been a leader in construction and safety supplies in the Southwest Construction Industry since 1955. Our mission is to be the premier wholesale distributor within the Southwest through partnerships with our staff, our customers, our suppliers and our communities. The Border business has evolved from a single location focusing on concrete vaults to a multi-location company serving distinct markets throughout the Southwest.
Due to continued growth, we are actively seeking CDL Drivers to join our team in the Phoenix area. This position is accountable to the Delivery or Warehouse Manager for the safe, timely and accurate delivery of product to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate small to medium size trucks/vehicles in the delivery of products to designated customer locations and job sites in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
- Responsible to assemble and secure product to avoid possible damage due to weather or road conditions.
- This includes but not limited to: forklift operations, loading/unloading potentially heavy products and strapping down material with ratchet strap system.
- Ensure and document that materials on the invoice have been loaded and are complete (two person check is required.)
- Unload product in a safe and efficient manner. Responsible for care of materials, safety of self and others.
- Responsible to fill out log book and process paperwork as per procedures.
- Responsible to project good impression on customers and handle customer complaints in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Responsible for performing general preventative maintenance activities on delivery vehicles, including washing, fluid checks, tire inspections, etc. Complete daily inspection checklist and notify delivery manager of issues.
- Purchase truck fuel ensuring accurate mileage is noted at pump.
- Know product location in warehouse and yard to assist in load pulling and/or will calls.
- Attend monthly driver meetings and participate.
- Responsible for assigned safety equipment such as hard hats, gloves, back belt, safety glasses, etc.
- Coach and help train non-CDL drivers to advance their skills.
- Assist delivery manager in dispatching and/or assignment of loads.
- Responsible to communicate and solicit feedback from outside sales and inside sales.
- Make recommendations to delivery manager on improved processes or procedures solicited from the drivers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Applicable state licensing requirements.
- Good communication skills.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Clean driving record
- 1 to 2 years CDL experience
- Maintain your CDL
- Some long hours, without breaks, pressure situations.
- Physical activity loading and unloading trucks, some heavy lifting.
- Very clean cut appearance in line with Border mainstream style.
- Happy, outgoing, bright eyes, pleasant.
- Responsible work habits.
- Take negative feedback as constructive criticism and turn into action.
- Communicate positive feedback to the driver staff.