Border Construction Specialties has been a leader in construction and safety supplies in the Southwest Construction Industry since 1955. Our mission is to be the premier wholesale distributor within the Southwest through partnerships with our staff, our customers, our suppliers and our communities. The Border business has evolved from a single location focusing on concrete vaults to a multi-location company serving distinct markets throughout the Southwest.
Due to continued growth, we are actively seeking Counter Sales Associates to join our team in the Phoenix area. This position is accountable to the Inside Sales & Service Dept. for efficient performance of various duties in support of the inside sales activities. This is a duty-oriented position and as such will have regularly changing short-term responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve Will Call customer needs quickly and efficiently by expediting the required paperwork.
- Greet all incoming customers in a friendly, helpful way to ensure that their needs are quickly served.
- Assist Will Call customers in locating tools/products/literature/specifications or MSDS sheets in a timely way.
- Designated person responsible for backorders from receipt of materials to delivery or Will Call, including notification of customer that product is in.
- Qualify the customer needs to see who of the inside sales & service representatives should handle the requirements.
- Become competent with basic products knowledge so as to have an understanding of the customers’ personal needs.
- Become competent in the use of the computer through direct training by the Inside Sales & Service Dept. These computer skills should be polished on an ongoing basis.
- Answer the telephones in a courteous way when everybody is busy (greet, explain that someone will be with them shortly, or take detailed message. These should be communicated to the appropriate or first available insides sales & service rep.
- Stock, clean, organize the showroom under the direction of the inside sales dept.
- Maintain MSDS and literature files in a complete and organized way.
- Develop a clear understanding of the responsibilities and accountabilities of inside and outside sales, plus the warehouse, so as to be able to service needs effectively.
- Provide incidental support services to the inside sales group as required.
- Interact in the most courteous way with all of Border public. Professional behavior is a must.
- Other duties as needed and/or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong aptitude for accuracy in writing
- Strong phone and personal communications skills
- Some computer experience
- Bi-lingual preferred but not a must
- High School or equivalent
- Two or more years industry experience + warehouse training involving Will Call
- Pressure situations
- Some physical requirements relative to stocking
- Very clean-cut appearance in line with Border’s mainstream style.
- Happy, outgoing, pleasant & bright eyes.
- Responsible work habits.