This position is accountable to the Branch Manager with coordination with Yard Foreman to perform a range of tasks both in yard functions and in addition, would have responsibility for providing customers service, maintaining customer relations and promoting company sales through counter sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve Will Call customer needs quickly and efficiently by expediting the required paperwork.
- Greet all incoming customers in a friendly, helpful way to ensure that their needs are quick
- Responsible for considerable care with respect to your own work to prevent injury to others and accidents. Exercise constant care in moving product to avoid damage and prevent injury to self/others.
- Requires frequent mental and visual attention to details and customer service in order to complete tasks in an efficient manner. Requires close mental and/or visual attention necessary to safely move, load/unload and stage product.
- Requires the continuous combination of lifting, walking, standing, stooping, reaching, etc. throughout the day with frequent heavy lifting.
- Become competent in the use of the computer through direct training by the Inside Sales & Service Dept. These computer skills should be polished on an ongoing basis.
- Answer the telephones in a courteous way when everybody is busy (greet, explain that someone will be with them shortly, or get name, company name, phone #, job name and some indication of their needs.)
- Stock, clean, organize the showroom under the direction of the inside sales dept.
- Interact in the most courteous way with all internal and external customers. Professional behavior is a must.
- Responsible for inventory control and overall warehouse and yard appearance.
- Operate forklift safely and take the necessary steps to protect merchandise and others.
- Previous retail/sales background
- Previous masonry/construction background
- Strong phone and personal communications skills
- Some computer experience
- Ability to do heavy lifting
- Detail oriented
- Some physical requirements relative to stocking.
- Ability to work outdoors in the elements.
- Responsible work habits.
- **Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus!!**
Border is a drug-free equal opportunity employer.