Johnson Carlier, a Big-D Company, has an opportunity for an Estimator to join our team of construction professionals in Tempe, AZ. This position is responsible for producing detailed estimates from preliminary design through the construction phase. Estimators will evaluate drawings and bid specifications to determine project requirements and estimate costs to achieve profitability goals for the company.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Defines work scope solicit and select subcontractors
- Proficient in quantity takeoffs
- Proficient in organizing and assembling estimates
- Successful in hard bidding projects, organize scopes of work
- Proficient in conceptual estimating through the CM Process (Program, Schematic, DD, CD, etc) working with architects and engineers in design, successful in managing the construction budget.
- Understands means and methods of construction. Know the different labor productivity rates of these items.
- Understands CPM Scheduling and can translate into construction budget.
- Clearly communicates with Subcontractors scheduling expectations.
- Knows unit costs of different construction materials and labor
- Knows overall SF cost of construction for different building types
- Knows typical/average system costs for multiple building types, i.e. foundations, substructure, superstructure, exterior skin, roofing, interiors, etc.
- Understands VE process and can lead a working session
- Has developed important relationships with subcontractors that helps in winning work
- Proficient in presenting estimates to an owner.
- Participates in forecast meetings and tracks budget vs. actual costs through construction
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or other related field
- 3-5 years of experience estimating commercial construction projects for a General Contractor
- Large ground up commercial project experience is preferred ($20M+)
- Good time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Timberline experience preferred
- 100 % Medical & Dental premium paid for
- HSA (Health Savings Account) with monthly employer contribution
- 401k with Match
- Long-Term & Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Benefits
- PTO & Holidays