With 30 years of peerless performance and proven results, FST Technical Services is your global partner in the Semiconductor and Microelectronics industry! Our positions include benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401(k), PTO, and paid holidays. Come join an awesome team in an exciting, fast paced, and ever growing industry!
FST Technical Services is looking for Field Service Engineers. Entry level, including new grads and recently separated military personnel with mechanical and electrical aptitude, as well as seasoned and experienced FSEs are encouraged to apply.
- Performs on-site service and repair semiconductor processing equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems; maintains records and reports as required; coordinates activities with peers, supervisor(s) and customers to minimize equipment downtime and interruptions; orders and installs parts; responds to emergency service calls as required; and, instructs customer operating technicians on system operation and maintenance.
- Perform upgrades and modifications to equipment as needed.
- Remain current on equipment/tools through appropriate training, manuals, factory periodicals, and other relevant materials. Incumbents are responsible for the upkeep, maintenance and security of company property including vehicles, tools, etc. Employees must also maintain standards of conduct acceptable to both employer and customers to maintain credentials for being on customer site(s).
- Job duties are often performed in confined areas in a clean room environment, in awkward positions and/or in high places.
- Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 50 pounds is required. Some positions may require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, radiation, etc.
- Occasional overnight travel to factory, training facilities and customer locations will be required.
Associates degree in electronics, engineering, or other applicable field of study. Previous experience in maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of semiconductor capital equipment is a plus but not required. Excellent customer interface skills is required. Mechanical and electrical aptitude is required as well as an ability to use appropriate tools. Thorough understanding of technical issues involving the maintenance, repair and/or installation of company equipment and company procedures.