FST Technical is seeking a Fire Protection/Mechanical Engineer for the Phoenix, AZ area. This role will primarily be located on our client site.
The position requires the Engineer to have Fire Protection Design, QA/QC and Construction experience in high tech manufacturing facilities. The selected candidate will have extensive knowledge of NFPA standards. Special consideration will be given to those with wet-pipe fire sprinklers, deluge fire suppression, AFFF foam/water suppression, and nitrogen purge systems.
Typical roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate with the project team and system owner(s) to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Act as Project Engineering Management of assigned projects
- Answering questions of a technical nature during project execution.
- Review, document and resolve contractor RFI’s.
- Review and provide technical verification of hardware and configuration of installations per the design specifications.
- 7+ years of systems design and/or construction of Fire Protection Systems within a high tech manufacturing facility/project.
- Have current AutoCAD skills
- Have intermediate to advanced MS Excel and Word skills. Understanding of overall system installation from a construction implementation stand point.
- Bachelor's degree in Fire Protection or Mechanical Engineering.
- Although a PE is not required, special consideration will be given to PE’s.