Are you looking for a company you can grow with? A company where you feel like part of the family and not just another employee number? Do you want to be a part of something great? Hunter Contracting Co. is a family-owned, heavy civil contracting firm serving Arizona since 1961. We are looking for good, hard-working, high-energy, self-motivating, professional individuals to grow with our project needs.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Pay
- Company Vehicle
We are seeking a Grading Foreman who is responsible to oversee, direct, and manage the activities of workers engaged in excavations and grading of all right of way for construction projects in coordination with the Project Superintendent.
- Understanding project plans, installation and construction of roadways and structures.
- Studying contract documents (i.e., specifications, details and plans) and estimates to establish construction procedures for each phase of construction based on start and completion times, staffing requirements and knowledge of available tools, equipment, personnel, and building methods.
- Estimating material, equipment, and worker requirements to complete job.
- Leading and directing workers and subcontractors, ensuring production quality, safety and productivity, and ensuring any production or personnel problems are resolved effectively.
- Verifying and recording production data.
- Reviewing, analyzing, and discussing the project progress with project team, coordinating any activities with other departments or individuals.
- Ensuring adherence with safety standards.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Proficient in the use of GPS Equipment and setting up of said equipment.
- Experience in leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, operating practices and the tools involved in construction projects.
- Ability to motivate, develop, train, and lead people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Ability to manage own time and the time of others.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions, plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Ability to work without close supervision and be able to adapt to a wide variety of conditions.
Education & Work Experience Requirements:
- Two (2) or more years’ supervisory experience; AND,
- Minimum 5 years’ construction experience.
- Must have underground and structural experience.
- Must have experience operating heavy equipment.
- Possesses a valid Driver’s License.
- Bilingual preferred.
We do E-Verify, Background Checks and Drug Screens
Women, Minorities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY statement
Hunter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Hunter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.