Are you looking for a company you can grow with? A company where you feel like part of the family and not just another employee number? Do you want to be a part of something great? Hunter Contracting Co. is a family-owned, heavy civil contracting firm serving Arizona since 1961. We are looking for good, hard-working, high-energy, self-motivating, professional individuals to grow with our project needs.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Sick Time Pay
Job Purpose: To fuel and lubricate moving parts of heavy construction equipment, mechanical equipment, and automotive vehicles.
Roles, Duties, & Responsibilities:
- Works evening shifts and/or flexible schedules to work on equipment.
- Travels to various job sites to service necessary equipment.
- Fuels trucks, equipment, and machinery at various job sites.
- Inspects fluid levels of steering gear, power steering reservoir, transmission, differential, rear axle housings, and shackles.
- Checks air pressure of tires.
- Lubricates moving parts with specified lubricants.
- Drains oil from crankcase and refills crankcase with required amount of oil.
- Adds water to radiator and battery.
- Replaces oil and air filters.
- Maintains related records on vehicles and equipment,
- Inspects equipment for deficiencies, such as tires, lights, brakes, fuses, and fluid levels and submits report indicating equipment condition.
- Reports machinery and/or equipment defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Adheres to all Hunter Contracting Co. safety policies, procedures, and instructions from management.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Works within a flexible schedule in order to repair equipment while construction is at a stand still, may work evenings, nights, and/or prior to regular shifts beginning.
- Communicates effectively and maintains good problem resolution.
- Follows instructions and makes decisions based on verifiable standards.
- Demonstrates attentive and active listening skills and learns quickly on the job.
- Approaches work in a meticulous, thorough, and detailed manner.
- Plans work and uses logical step-by-step procedures at work.
- Prioritizes work to meet goals or deadlines.
- Works in dusty and/or dirty surroundings and practices good safety habits.
- Follows instructions and performs a variety of duties which may often change
Education & Work Experience Requirements:
- Must possess a current Class “B” Commercial Driver License w/ No Air Brake Restrictions and must possess Hazmat & Tanker Endorsements, AND,
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in related field: OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
We do E-Verify, Background Checks and Drug Screens
Women, Minorities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY statement
Hunter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Hunter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.