Parker & Sons has been serving homeowners and businesses in Arizona for over 40 years, and is recognized nationally for being one of the most knowledgeable heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical and air quality contractors in the industry. To maintain our high standards, we require an exceptional group of people who have the desire to contribute their talents and abilities and seek out opportunities to advance their expertise to forward the company's innovation. Our mission is to continue to build long-lasting relationships with our customers through our winning spirit and commitment to 100% satisfaction… guaranteed.
Compensation & Benefits
- Outstanding earning potential (Can earn $75,000 - $120,000 per year)
- Fully stocked service vans are supplied for techs to take home each day
- Continuous training paid for by the company (technical training, NATE Certification, Heat Pump Council, customer service skills, etc.)
- 401K with company matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability & Legal Insurance Options
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Maintain, diagnose and repair electronic, mechanical and electrical components
of residential and light commercial HVAC systems.
- Maintain good working order of company vehicle including refueling as
necessary, reporting any mechanical issues, and filling out and submitting
monthly vehicle inspection form. Vehicles should be washed on a weekly
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is
maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number,
type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system
to manufacturer’s recommendations, and explain fully to customer what the
issue is and what is required to correct.
- Engage in conversation with homeowner to uncover any concern or interests
regarding their AC system (comfort, safety & health, or efficiency) which
could lead to potential accessory sales or a new system replacement.
- Identify and proactively respond to potential opportunities for additional
business (newer system, service contracts, and additional services).
- Understand company flat rate pricing and generate appropriate customer
invoice and other paperwork at job site. Electronically process credit card
payments. Obtain customer signatures before commencing work and at
completion of job. Verify and/or obtain correct customer information
including email address.
- Be available to work nights or weekends, on a rotating basis, to service
emergency needs of our customers.
- Participate in company provided training opportunities on customer service and
latest industry technologies.
- Two or more years of experience in maintenance, diagnosing & troubleshooting, and correcting diverse HVAC system issues.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
- Type I & Type II EPA Certification
- Must be able to pass background and drug test(s) as required by company.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record.