We are currently seeking a Foreperson to join our team.
Summary: Assists in the Coordination of activities of Crew Leaders, Onsite crews, and crew members engaged in landscape maintenance by performing the following duties under the supervision of the Field Superintendent. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists Field Superintendent in planning daily maintenance landscape tasks.
- Checks equipment condition and makes a vehicle inspection.
- Assists Field Superintendent with checking employees’ safety gear and uniforms.
- Insures crew is on the road per time schedule.
- Supports loading and unloading of equipment, small tools and needed materials.
- Follows a work plan and works alongside crews for training and proper use of equipment.
- Uses time to manage onsite and traveling crews to observe and assist them for all property needs.
- Solves problems, increases efficiency of crew and maintains quality of all properties.
- Tracks use of time and materials, turns in time sheets to Field Superintendent.
- Responsible for truck and equipment maintenance forms and reporting issues to the shop.
- Completes work orders (trees, flowers, plants, granite, etc.).
- Responds to emergency calls.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ideal candidates will pursue training and development opportunities, strive to continuously build knowledge and skills, and shares expertise with others.
- Attendance Requirements are 40 hours per week. Performs other duties as required.
- Must have problem solving skills. Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, develop alternative solutions, work well in group problem solving situations, and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Must have good oral communication skills. Must be able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and gets clarification, responds well to questions, and participate in meetings.
- Must have good written communication skills. Must be able to write clearly and informatively and be able to read and interpret written information.
- Must be able to work as part of a team. Must be able to balance team and individual responsibilities, contribute to building a positive team spirit, build morale and group commitments to goals and objective and support everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Must exhibit a high level of professionalism. Must be able to approach others in a tactful manner, react well under pressure, treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, accept responsibility for own actions and follow through on commitments.
- Must demonstrate a high quality of work. Must be able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Must be able to meet productivity standards, complete work in timely manner, strive to increase productivity and work quickly.
- Must be consistently at work and on time, ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent and arrive at meetings and appointments on time.
- Must have a high level of dependability. Must be able to follows instructions, respond to management direction, take responsibility for own actions, keep commitments, commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals and complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to speak fluently in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear PPE as necessary.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to communicate with others.
- Must be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a background check and Motor Vehicle Records Check (MVR).
- Must have a valid Arizona State driver’s license.
- Works around hazardous equipment with moving mechanical parts
- Works outside in all weather conditions, including extreme heat
- Works around excessive noise from machines, requiring hearing protection
- Works in corridors with uneven terrain
- May be exposed to nature, i.e. irritating plants and biting or stinging insects
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
- May be exposed to dogs and other animals
- Work may be performed at varying heights above ground
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Range of Motion
Hearing – Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting Up to 10 lbs.
Lifting Over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Lifting Up to 50 lbs.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.