We are currently seeking a Gardener to join our team.
Summary: Plans and executes small scale landscaping operations and maintains grounds and landscape by performing the following duties under the supervision of a Crew Leader.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Works around and operates hand tools and mechanical machinery used for landscape maintenance.
- Mows and trims lawns.
- Trims and edges around walks, flower beds, and walls.
- Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, branches, or twigs.
- Rakes and bags leaves and debris.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter.
- Prepares and grades terrain.
- Seeds and sods lawns.
- Installs and/or moves and transplants trees, shrubs, and other plant material on current maintenance and enhancement jobs and properties.
- Plants grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs.
- Trims and removes trees.
- Drives company vehicle.
- Drives crew to/from/between worksites where needed.
- Attendance Requirements are 40 hours per week.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out oral instructions.
- Must be able to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Must be flexible, adaptable and a team player.
- Must be able to understand and follow oral instructions.
- Must be able to arrive on time to work and to work an 8 day.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from the job site, or to and from the office is assigned to ride a company vehicle to this job site.
- Must be able to respond appropriately to supervisors and coworkers.
- Must be able to work safely and efficiently from heights on occasions.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear PPE as necessary.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to communicate with others.
- Must be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis, and up to 10 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a background check and Motor Vehicle Records Check (MVR).
- Must have a valid driver’s license (State specific Driver’s License may be required).
- Works around hazardous equipment with moving mechanical parts
- Works outside in all weather conditions, including extreme heat
- Works around excessive noise from machines, requiring hearing protection
- Works in corridors with uneven terrain
- May be exposed to nature, i.e. irritating plants and biting or stinging insects
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
- May be exposed to dogs and other animals
- Work may be performed at varying heights above ground
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Range of Motion
Hearing – Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting Up to 10 lbs.
Lifting Over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Lifting Up to 50 lbs.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.