We are currently seeking an Irrigation Technician to join our team.
SUMMARY Installs, diagnoses and troubleshoots irrigation related problems and equipment. Reports to the Account Manager/Field Superintendent.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists field personnel with diagnosing and troubleshooting irrigation related problems.
- Designs irrigation systems.
- Uses a proactive approach to irrigation system management.
- Performs site assessments, inspects equipment, inventory supplies and maintains adequate on-hand supplies.
- Installs, troubleshoots and repairs many types and models of irrigation controllers, including electrical, troubleshooting of all the systems components.
- Maintains, repairs and troubleshoots numerous sizes and types of control valves.
- Repairs irrigation mainlines from 1” to 12” in size, using components and techniques established by the industry.
- Repairs back flow prevention devices
- Trains personnel as needed.
- Maintains detailed records of maintenance activities and completed work orders.
- Prepares necessary documents and reports.
- Assists in the creation of a culture of safety and environmental protection by performing work safely in accordance with company safety procedures.
- Operates equipment safely and reports any unsafe work conditions or practice to supervisor.
- Attendance Requirements are 40 hours per week.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be able to operate or use trenching and boring equipment and shovel to prepare trenches.
- Methods, tools, equipment, materials and practices used in the irrigation trade.
- Must have the ability and endurance to perform tasks for up to 8 hour periods.
- Must have knowledge of PVC installation and techniques.
- Must be able to provide detailed irrigation site assessments.
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations in a timely manner
- Must work in a safe, skillful and timely manner.
- Must understand and use proper safety procedures.
- Must conform to OSHA regulations.
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations.
- Must attend meetings as needed.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, and clients
- Communicate any and all issues with supervisors within the organization
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent and three years irrigation work experience
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear PPE as necessary.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to communicate with others.
- Must be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a background check and Motor Vehicle Records Check (MVR).
- Must have a valid Arizona State driver’s license.
- Works around hazardous equipment with moving mechanical parts.
- Works outside in all weather conditions, including cold, heat, temperature swings.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, requiring hearing protection.
- Works in corridors with uneven terrain.
- May be exposed to nature, i.e. irritating plants and biting or stinging insects.
- May be exposed to fumes/odors, dust/mites, chemical and/or waste hazards.
- May be exposed to dogs and other animals.
- Work may be performed at varying heights above ground.
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Range of Motion
Hearing – Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting Up to 10 lbs.
Lifting Over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Lifting Up to 50 lbs.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.