Phoenix Packaging Operations, LLC (PPO) is a Packaging and Containers company located in Dublin, VA and Phoenix, AZ in the United States. PPO is a subsidiary of Grupo Phoenix. Grupo Phoenix is one of the most important packaging companies in the Americas.
Our products target the commercial food packaging, food service and disposable consumer products industries. Our manufacturing locations total eleven production plants: two in Colombia, one in Mexico, five in Venezuela, one in Ecuador and two in the United States.
We have been leaders in Latin America for over 20 years; our award winning packaging innovations and leading brands have fueled our growth and expansion from our original territories to more than 20 different countries including the United States.
Grupo Phoenix is deeply committed to the community, its people, its workforce and the countries where it has presence through each one of its companies, focusing on growth, innovation and sustainability.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for diagnosing mechanical and electrical problems associated with all equipment in a manufacturing environment. This position will perform maintenance (preventive and corrective) and repair of all equipment concerned with plant operations, ensuring the availability and reliability of these and the operation of the plant.
1. Ensure every single mechanism in the machines works properly to get the productions goals
2. Obtain from the operators the information about problems, damages and faults in the machines in order to provide the correct solutions.
3. To participate in preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance according to priorities and instructions given from supervisors or maintenance manager
4. Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose issues.
5. Disassembles, repairs/replaces parts and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, etc.
6. Cleans, lubricates & adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
7. Perform major electrical repairs including 3-phase, 440 & PLC, new installations of equipment, replaces and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances.
8. Uses precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools and testing instruments.
9. Inspects and test electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
10. Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using testing instruments such as ammeter, ohmmeter, voltmeter, testing lamp, or growler.
11. Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems.
12. Dismantles electrical transformers, starters & lighting fixtures into position.
13. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures, including lock-out/tag-out.
Must have experience in: