If you are looking to grow your Career .... PumpMan Phoenix/Scott’s AZ Electric & Motor Repair PM LLC is looking to meet with you.
Our Employees are offered a great work environment, professional career development, competitive compensation customized training programs, a competitive salary and benefit programs.
If you are a person that can think logically and enjoys learning and growing in knowledge, solving problems, coupled with the necessary electrical, Plumbing & controls knowledge, skills and abilities Pumpman Phoenix/ Scott’s AZ Electric & Motor PM is interested in speaking with you.
We are currently seeking a pump and or electric motor mechanic with experience repairing, troubleshooting, and installing rotating equipment, including centrifugal pumps and positive displacement pumps with submersible motors and non-submersible motors. Position entails day-to-day troubleshooting and repair of electric motors and pumps; mechanical seal replacement; and bearing replacement in motors, pumps, and blowers.
Must have experience in the maintenance and repair of pumps and or electric motors, pump motors, including submersibles.
Ability to analyze pump and motor equipment failures to determine cause and to prevent recurrences.
Install and set up new equipment, including alignment.
- Study blueprints, layouts or charts, and job orders for information on specifications and tooling instructions, and to determine material requirements and operational sequences.
- Adjust machine controls and change tool settings to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
- Move controls to set cutting speeds and depths and feed rates, and to position tools in relation to work pieces.
- Start lathe or turning machines and observe operations to ensure that specifications are met.
- Select cutting tools and tooling instructions, according to written specifications or knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics. Crank machines through cycles, stopping to adjust tool positions and machine controls to ensure specified timing, clearances, and tolerances.
- Lift metal stock or work pieces manually or using hoists, and position and secure them in machines, using fasteners and hand tools.
- Replace worn tools, and sharpen dull cutting tools and dies using bench grinders or cutter-grinding machines.
- Position, secure, and align cutting tools in tool-holders on machines, using hand tools, and verify their positions with measuring instruments.
- When not operating lathe or mill, assist others with assembly and disassembly of electric motors, preform supervised shop maintenance and cleaning, and any other shop tasks given by supervisors.
- Safely use hand, air, and electric tools. Follow all shop safety rules.
Manual Machinist Functions
Must be able to disassemble and reassemble various types of rotating equipment. (Pumps, Centrifugal, Submersible, Vertical, Turbine, Gear Reducers, Electric Motors and blowers.)
Knowledge of tolerances for bearing fit and clearances, motor connections and testing.
Knowledge of operating lifting equipment such as forklifts, hoists and cranes.
Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures; report all unsafe activity.
Participate in team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of Manual Machining experience.
Additionally, the following skills and abilities are needed:
- Experience in welding, self starter and self-reliant and excellent problem solving skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- High School or Trade School Diploma
- Minimum 2-3 years Electrical & Plumbing background.
- Ability to diagnose problems and determine appropriate action.
- Read, interpret, and work from sketches, books, blueprints, and specifications.
- The employee must lift and/or move more than 25-50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Must always have a valid driver’s license.
- Candidates must pass pre-employment background and drug test
- Troubleshoot & repair electrical & electronic malfunctions
- Single & 3 phase AC motor & controls
- VFD installation, set up and troubleshooting
- Control panel wiring
- Troubleshooting analog sensors, photo electric, inductive, capacitive, transducer
- Electronics components testing for capacitors, diode, transistor & SCR
- Run conduit, inspect & repair circuits and wiring, repair & rewire according to building codes & safety regulations
- Plan, layout, measure, cut and install plumbing, pipe & tubing
- AC/DC drives
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Uniforms provided
Headquartered in Saddle Brook, NJ, PumpMan, a portfolio company of Soundcore Capital Partners a highly successful pump mfg., maintenance, service and repair company with aspirations of becoming a national leader in the space through acquisitions. To-date PumpMan has acquired companies in Northern California, Southern California, Pittsburgh, PA, Philadelphia, PA, New York City and Phoenix Arizona.