Are you looking for a company you can grow with? A company where you feel like part of the family and not just another employee number? Do you want to be a part of something great? Hunter Contracting Co. is a family-owned, heavy civil contracting firm serving Arizona since 1961. We are looking for good, hard-working, high-energy, self-motivating, professional individuals to grow with our project needs.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Health and Wellness Programs
Job Purpose: To install, maintain, upgrade and fabricate piping and piping systems and supports, according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings at water and wastewater treatment plants.
Roles, Duties, & Responsibilities:
- Reads blueprints to determine work procedures.
- Perform flange make-up (proper torque)
- Set up and operate oxy-acetylene torch for heating and cutting
- Install reinforced concrete pipe
- Fabricate PVC pipe from plans
- Give crane and heavy equipment hand signals
- Inspect new equipment and machinery then moves it into position by utilizing hoisting devices, such as pulleys and cables, hoists, dollies, rollers, and/or trucks.
- Construct foundation for machines using hand tools and building materials, such as wood, concrete and steel.
- Assemble machines and bolts in order to fasten them to foundation or other structures using hand tools and power tools.
- Attaches moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit.
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyers, and tram rails using hand tools and power tools.
- Dismantles machinery and equipment.
- Installs shims, adjusts tension on nuts and bolts, or positions parts using measuring instruments to set specified clearances between moving and stationary pars.
- Repairs and lubricates machines and equipment.
- Replaces defective parts of machine or adjusts clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Works closely with electricians, engineers, and manufacturer’s representatives to install equipment.
- Adheres to all Hunter Contracting Co. safety policies, procedures, and instructions from management.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Mechanically Inclined - knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved to get the job done by using logical step-by-step procedures.
- Skilled and knowledgeable with hand tools and hand power tools (electric and air powered).
- Knowledge of piping systems such as ductile iron flanged, PVC, steel, fiber glass and copper.
- Awareness of confined space, fall protection, trench safety, rigging and crane safety.
- Must be able to read and write English to understand and read the blue prints and drawings.
- Must be able to perform basic math – add, subtract, multiply and divide to estimate a measurement and make decisions based on measurable information.
- Must follow verbal and written instructions.
- Approaches work in a meticulous, thorough, and detailed manner.
- Works within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Ability to work with others to achieve job goals.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities.
- Possesses the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Possesses the ability to work at various heights without fear.
- Must have reliable transportation, be on time and ready to work.
Education & Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED; AND
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a related field; AND,
- Completion of a formal Apprenticeship program; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
We do E-Verify, Background Checks and Drug Screens
Women, Minorities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY statement
Hunter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Hunter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.