Are you looking for a company you can grow with? A company where you feel like part of the family and not just another employee number? Do you want to be a part of something great? Hunter Contracting Co. is a family-owned, heavy civil contracting firm serving Arizona since 1961. We are looking for good, hard-working, high-energy, self-motivating, professional individuals to grow with our project needs.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Health and Wellness Programs
Job Purpose: Under general supervision, responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains. Ensures ground is prepped, trenches dug for pipes and aligns pipes and seals joints together.
Roles, Duties, & Responsibilities:
- Know how to install Mechanical joint water line, and bolt together water line , install air release valves and inline valves
- Grade for flow of sewer line pipe.
- Lay 24 inch ductile water line and PVC sewer pipe. Set line and grade for water line/sewer, line prep grade for water lines / sewer lines. Install water line with gaskets and mechanical joints. Backfill waterline/ sewer line insures sewer line has a positive flow.
- Plans pipe, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Aligns and positions pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing.
- Checks slopes for conformance to requirements and specifications.
- Calculating and adjusting grade using a level and a laser
- Selects type and size of pipe and related material according to job specifications.
- Measures and marks pipes to required length for cutting and threading.
- Cuts, threads, hammers, and welds pipe to specifications using saws, pipe threaders, and benders.
- Connects pipe pieces and seals joints.
- Locates existing pipes needing repair or replacement through potholing and/or excavation.
- Taps and drills holes into pipes to introduce auxiliary line or devices.
- Secures pipes to structures with clamps, brackets, and hangers.
- Grouting and clearing manholes.
- Inspects, examines, and tests installed systems and pipe lines using pressure hydrostatic testing, observation, or other testing methods.
- Plans installation or repair to avoid obstructions.
- Adheres to all Hunter Contracting Co. safety policies, procedures, and instructions from management.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Knowledge of materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective construction or repair of pipelines.
- Practices good safety habits
- Works within special standards of accuracy.
- Makes decisions based on verifiable standards.
- Follows oral directions and meets set standards.
- Takes pride in craftsmanship.
- Prioritizes to meet goals or deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of safety practices.
Education & Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience laying underground water lines, sanitary and storm sewers, OR
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience as a Pipe Helper, Pipe Laborer; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
We do E-Verify, Background Checks and Drug Screens
Women, Minorities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY statement
Hunter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Hunter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.