Phoenix Packaging Operations, LLC (PPO) is a Packaging and Containers company located in Dublin, VA and Phoenix, AZ in the United States. PPO is a subsidiary of Grupo Phoenix. Grupo Phoenix is one of the most important packaging companies in the Americas.
Our products target the commercial food packaging, food service and disposable consumer products industries. Our manufacturing locations total eleven production plants: two in Colombia, one in Mexico, five in Venezuela, one in Ecuador and two in the United States.
We have been leaders in Latin America for over 20 years; our award winning packaging innovations and leading brands have fueled our growth and expansion from our original territories to more than 20 different countries including the United States.
Grupo Phoenix is deeply committed to the community, its people, its workforce and the countries where it has presence through each one of its companies, focusing on growth, innovation and sustainability.
Essential Job Functions:
• Keep and maintain a safe and clean work environment.
• Maintain a positive attitude at all times.
• Follow all HACCP and good manufacturing practices (GMP’s)
• Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with US laws
• Ensure maximum output of printing machines.
• Operate printing machine.
• Understand all aspects of set-ups.
• Understand the importance of ink flow, registrations and pressures.
• Ability to parallel rollers and adjust pressures.
• Run several presses with different size and color capacities.
• Perform plate and color changeovers.
• Make quality standards.
• Ensure that ink meet specifications
• Monitor their operation
• Ability to fill out paperwork.
• Must be able to troubleshoot printing issues.
• Make quick corrections to avoid expensive losses of ink and material
• Pull material to check for printing imperfections/quality checks.
• Set up, monitor, and adjust the printing process on a control panel or computer monitor.
• Perform preventive maintenance.
• Follow any other duties assigned by your supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience operating machinery in a manufacturing environment
• High School Diploma or GED
• Steel toe work boots
• Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
• Basic computer skills
• Understand and follow basic verbal and written instructions
• Effectively communicate information and respond to questions from various levels within the organization
• Possess basic mathematical skills; addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
• Perform basic visual quality inspections on products
• Maintain the production pace of other team members
• Utilize various equipment as needed to perform duties
• Excellent color acuity
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Required to stand for long periods of time
• May involve some repetitive motions
• May also engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of materials and material containers
• Must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position will work in a controlled office environment for the majority of their shift.
• The noise level in the work environment is consistently above 85 decibels when on the production floor.
• During summer months, employee may have to work in temperatures as high as 110 degrees for prolonged periods of time.
• Dust from machine processes is constantly present.
• The employee constantly works near mechanical parts and lift trucks.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or vapors or hazardous products such as degreasers and silicone spray.
• Required to wear steel toed shoes, safety glasses and ear plugs in the manufacturing area.