Whiteriver Construction is a great place to work! We are a team oriented company that rewards employees for outstanding performance and contributions. Our employees have the opportunity to work at an industry leading firm as recognized by Forbes Magazine in their February 2011 edition as well as work in the beautiful White Mountains of Northeastern Arizona. The White Mountains offers an abundance of natural beauty, history, culture, adventure, and recreational opportunities as well as a wonderful lifestyle
ABOUT WHITERIVER CONSTRUCTION:
Whiteriver Construction is a general contractor that provides construction management and design/build services for public (Federal, State, and Tribal), and private clients in the Southwest. We have had the opportunity to work on and successfully complete "landmark" projects including two projects at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, the world famous Monument Valley Visitor Center, and the Theodore Roosevelt School Renovation at Fort Apache, a historical site rich in history and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. We are one of the top construction companies in the Southwest as featured in Forbes Magazine in 2011 and consistently ranked as one of the largest contractors in the southwest by ENR Magazine.
Responsible for initiating and coordinating the administrative and clerical functions necessary to ensure all project related documentation, files, logs, contracts, change orders, insurance, bonds, change orders, etc… are accurate and current thereby assisting Project Managers in the successful and smooth management of projects.
Responsible for assisting Vice President/CEO and Estimator in finding job opportunities and the procurement of those opportunities by preparing bid packages and proposal and ensuring we are effectively maintaining and updating our subcontractor procurement database.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with administrative clerical duties such as answering multi-line phone system, greeting customers as required.
- Accurately interprets policies and procedures as established by company.
- Independently composes reports and correspondence
- Arranges, participates in, and implements, as directed, conferences and meetings.
- Performs additional assignments as required and that may contribute to the growth and profitability of the company and you as an employee and person.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Filing all project related documents and organizing and maintaining filing system.
- Process and prepare all subcontract agreements and change orders that have been negotiated and drafted by the Project Manager
- Administration and tracking of project documents including but not limited to subcontracts, subcontract prequalification’s, subcontractor evaluations, proposal requests, change orders, submittals, RFI’s (Requests for Information), subcontractor insurance certificates, change orders, and daily job reports, warranty and close out documents, and owner satisfaction surveys.
- Following up with subcontractors for timely receipt of subcontracts, insurance certificates, submittals, change orders, warranty/close out documents
- Provide administrative support to field superintendents ensuring they have updated information (e.g. submittals, RFI’s, correspondence between office and architect/owner, etc.) and that the office gets updated information from the field in a timely basis (e.g. time cards, daily reports, etc.
- Assist in finding and procuring new projects through database searches, sending bid package requests, and keeping bidding calendar current.
- Administration of subcontractor database ensuring database is current with all prospective subcontractors.
- Assist in bid preparation by contacting prospective subcontractors regarding bid
- Preparing bid documents for submission to owners
- Preparing proposals for submission to owners.
- Ability to perform difficult typing and 10-key duties.
- Good customer service skills in dealing with the public.
- Advanced computer experience including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- University graduation in related field or Community college graduation (or equivalent experience) in appropriate field.
- Five (5) years of construction administration experience
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement with employer matching contribution
- Three (3) weeks paid time off (PTO)
- Annual bonus based on profitability