Border Construction Specialties has been a leader in construction and safety supplies in the Southwest Construction Industry since 1955. Our mission is to be the premier wholesale distributor within the Southwest through partnerships with our staff, our customers, our suppliers and our communities. The Border business has evolved from a single location focusing on concrete vaults to a multi-location company serving distinct markets throughout the Southwest.
Due to continued growth, we are actively seeking Warehouse Workers to join our team in the Phoenix area. This position is accountable to the Warehouse Manager and will perform a complete range of warehouse/yard functions and have responsibility for providing will call customers service, maintaining customer relations and promoting company sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for customer assistance to ensure customer satisfaction. Requires constant contact with company personnel and the public involving tact and discretion.
- Responsible for the care of equipment and tools used in the performance of the job.
- Responsible for considerable care with respect to your own work to prevent injury to others and accidents. Exercise constant care in moving product to avoid damage and prevent injury to self/others.
- Requires frequent mental and visual attention to details and customer service to complete tasks in an efficient manner. Requires close mental and/or visual attention necessary to safely move, load/unload and stage product.
- Requires the continuous combination of lifting, walking, standing, stooping, reaching, etc. throughout the day with frequent heavy lifting.
- Responsible for inventory control and overall warehouse and yard appearance.
- Required to pull and load will call and delivery customers efficiently and accurately.
- Required to perform routine and special maintenance in warehouse and yard area including sweeping, trash collection, repair/replacement of fixtures and storage bins, straightening of materials, product maintenance, etc.
- Unload vendor delivery trucks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate forklift safely and take the necessary steps to protect merchandise and others.
- Responsible to be forklift certified within 30 days of hire and prior to normal operations of lift truck.
- Assist Border truck drivers with loading/unloading products.
- Stock incoming product and replenish inventory as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Frequent, Heavy lifting
- Fast pace
- Detail oriented
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 6 months or more warehouse experience
- 1 to 2 years industry experience
- Some long hours without breaks & pressure situations
- Some physical requirements relative to stocking.
- Working outdoors in the elements.
- Very clean cut appearance in line with Border mainstream style.
- Happy, outgoing, bright eyes, pleasant.
- Responsible work habits.