Johns Manville is a manufacturer of premium-quality building and mechanical insulation, commercial roofing, glass fibers and nonwoven materials for commercial, industrial and residential applications. JM products are used in a wide variety of industries including building products, aerospace, automotive and transportation, filtration, commercial interiors, waterproofing and wind energy.
We have an opening for a Utility Operator at our Tucson facility. We value our employees; provide a safe and clean work environment and a competitive wage and benefits package. The successful applicant will have the ability to perform basic mathematics accurately on a consistent basis. The Utility operator must have the ability to properly use measuring equipment to determine that the part being produced is within the specified tolerance. Perform miscellaneous duties as directed – rolling, parts manufacture, melting, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Interface with team members on all shifts and other departments.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Self-starter that, upon completion of training, shows the ability to carry out assignments with minimal direction and supervision.
- Show initiative in supporting safety plant wide.
- Computer competency, capable of learning to interface with required databases and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to read, write and interpret complex items in English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful work environment
- Ability to consistently make appropriate decisions with frequent interruptions
- Use of basic material handling equipment (cranes/hoists, pallet jacks, lift tables, hand truck)
- Knowledge of hazards associated with the machine trades
- Possess the ability to set up and operate a variety of machine tools/equipment.
- Situational Awareness – i.e. operating equipment in a safe manner in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of basic measuring tools scale, mic, calipers